Why write a business plan when everything is too changeable to plan?
That’s exactly the reason for a business plan.
Charities need to plan their business development just like private enterprises do.
A good business plan will help you to:
• understand the environment in which you work
• specify what your work achieves
• explain why your work is needed
• identify your services/ expertise and who benefits from them
• clarify how you will use the resources at your disposal
• plan your income generation and service delivery
• focus on your successes and track record
For start-ups developing a business plan and having no track record to rely on: set realistic targets and explain how you will monitor against them.
You might also like to …
Contact Sue Dovey for business planning templates and tailored advice.