Communities Against Cancer
Communities against Cancer is a new project helping people to reduce their risk of cancer, be aware of the signs and symptoms of cancer, and seek help at an earlier stage. This is not about supporting people who have cancer.
- Are you an individual, small group or a not for profit organisation?
- Do you support/empower/signpost people in the community?
- Would you like to address health inequalities and raise awareness of cancer prevention and early diagnosis?
If you answered Yes to these, then you may be eligible to apply for a grant from Action Hampshire to help raise awareness about cancer in your community.
Funded by Wessex Cancer Alliance, the project aims to benefit people who are less likely to know how to look after their health or are less able to do so. You don’t need to be knowledgeable about cancer to apply for a grant, as we will provide Cancer Champion training.
You could apply for a grant of up to £500 to carry out activities in your community that will help to improve cancer health and reduce cancer equalities. Grants are available to community groups, informal groupings, or even individuals.
- ‘Sugary drink consumption and risk of cancer’
- ‘Bad cough is lung cancer’s main symptom, highlights campaign’
- ‘Lifestyle and work changes would prevent 40% of cancers’
- ‘Obesity to overtake smoking as biggest preventable cause of cancer among UK women within 25 years’
For more charity sector and social enterprise news you can subscribe to our fortnightly newsletter News You Can Use