Together in Service grant programme
Together in Service is a programme delivered by FaithAction, and funded by the Dept of Communities and Local Government, to highlight and support faith-based social action. Its objectives are to:
- celebrate the practical contribution that faith communities make to society through social action
- support faith groups in undertaking new multi-faith volunteering projects at local level
FaithAction is administering a pot of £160,000 over two years. This is available as 1:1 match-funding for small grants of £2,000 and £5,000 to facilitate new multi-faith social action projects at a local level, where there is often a lack of confidence in undertaking volunteering work in a multi-faith way.
If you are looking to apply for a £5,000 grant, please note that these are extremely limited, and you will be expected to demonstrate how your project will have a wider impact than those who are awarded smaller grants. Grants will be given to constituted bodies, not to individuals.
Through its grant making, FaithAction aims to:
- target community need that is informed by local research and local consultation
- focus support to achieve maximum effectiveness
- enhance community and voluntary activity
- encourage best practice among community and voluntary groups
- give help where it is needed most
Forthcoming deadlines are 25 August 2014 and 1 December 2014.