Resources for Action Hampshire members


As an Action Hampshire member, you have access to a range of resources to help you manage your community centre, village hall, Scout / Guide HQ, church hall etc.

Support with finding grants

There is a list of funding sources freely available on our website here, and Action Hampshire members can ask us for more detailed support. Also have a look at our Funding Your Community Building training session on Tuesday 2 October.

Information booklets

Our national partner organisation ACRE produces a set of Information Sheets covering a wide range of issues affecting community halls and centres. These are available from us, mostly free of charge to Action Hampshire members. Whatever the issue, from marketing your venue to keeping all your users safe to ensuring your committee members know their role as charity trustees, there’s likely to be a booklet that’s relevant. And even if there isn’t, we should be able to find some useful information for you!


ACRE has just agreed a three-year partnership with specialist insurance firm Allied Westminster. They are one of several companies offering policies tailored to the needs of community halls and other charities. We have a list to help you shop around and get the best deal when you next renew your policy.

Make links with your peers

We help our member organisations make connections with others in similar situations, using the online discussion and file-sharing service Basecamp. Have a look at how Basecamp works and send us a quick email if you’d like an invitation to join. We also arrange free networking meetings across Hampshire, so come along and join in!