Information booklets for community buildings


Action Hampshire has a range of Information Sheets for community halls and centres, covering issues from insurance and governance to VAT and licensing. More details and a full list can be found on our website.

These booklets are produced by ACRE, our national partner organisation, with input from the Charity Commission, HMRC, solicitors, health and safety consultants, and other experts.

The booklets are available free of charge by email to Action Hampshire members (not-for-profit sector and parish councils) that manage a community building. Please call Kevin Sawers on 01962 857358 or email him.

Updates to Information Sheet no. 4 on data protection and GDPR

This booklet has recently been updated. It now includes the following: a table of action points with tips on where to access further information, a sample complaints policy, a list of frequently asked questions, and a paragraph about photographs. Please ask Kevin for a copy or download it from the Basecamp documents area.

If you don’t know about the Basecamp message board and file-sharing system then check out this short video and ask Kevin for an invitation. You’ll get to share ideas and benefit from the collective wisdom of over 50 people from community buildings across Hampshire and beyond.