Community halls - get your voice heard


Our partner organisation ACRE runs a national network for village halls and other buildings for public hire in rural areas of England.

The National Village and Community Halls Network gives you an opportunity to air your views and contribute to the development of national policies that reflect the needs of rural community halls. If you’re interested in the wider strategic picture as it relates to rural communities then do join up with the Network.

The Network is currently focusing on four strategic issues affecting community halls:

  • VAT on extensions and alterations and the possibility of a VAT refund scheme
  • How funding might best be sought for capital improvements
  • The delivery of long-term advice and support for volunteers managing buildings
  • The disproportionate charge for music copyright licences where music is rarely played

See the ACRE website for more information about the Network and please contact Kevin Sawers at Action Hampshire (01962 857358 or email) for help with issues regarding your building. Remember that, from April, your organisation must be a member of Action Hampshire in order to access our community buildings advice and information.