New grant scheme for village halls
The new national grant scheme for village halls and other rural community buildings is now open!
It’s being managed by ACRE, our national partner organisation, so all the details are on their website. The grant is for major building works (not smaller items / projects) and here’s a summary of the criteria:
- You can apply for £10,000 to £75,000
- The application must be for no more than 20% of the total project costs
- The building must be in a community with less than 10,000 population
- It must be managed by a charitable organisation that is not registered for VAT
- The organisation must hold the freehold or have a lease on the building of at least 21 years
Action Hampshire members are welcome to contact Kevin Sawers (by email or on 01962 857358) for help with applications, though it is best to direct queries about the criteria straight to ACRE as they are running the scheme.