Last chance to apply for a Communities Against Cancer grant
Time is running out to apply for a Communities Against Cancer grant!
Our Communities Against Cancer grants programme is intended to help groups and individuals get messages out about cancer awareness and prevention. Charities, other non-profit groups, and individuals can apply for a grant of up to £700 for activities that will help prevent people from getting cancer and / or make sure they seek medical help at an early stage. If your group is planning a project in partnership with another group / organisation then you can apply for up to £1,400.
To help inspire you, here are some activities that have been supported:
- Radio broadcasts on community radio
- A radio drama
- Videos to show at events and meetings
- Healthy eating / cooking sessions with a focus on reducing risk of cancer
- Conversations at drop –in events and community group meetings
- Incorporating conversations and information into movement and exercise classes
- Engaging men through sports clubs and activities
- Training individuals as cancer champions, ready to have a chat with family, friends and neighbours
- And whatever would work for you!
We would love to hear your quirky ideas on how you’d like to get these messages out. We are all only constrained by the boundaries of our imagination (and the physical boundaries of the project which is operating along the south coast, covering Portsmouth, Southampton, Isle of Wight, Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Weymouth and Portland).
Application deadline coming soon
You need to get your application to us by 10am on Thursday 2 April. The application form and guidance notes are on our website here.
If you have an idea of something that you would like to do that helps to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of cancer, the importance of screening and of early diagnosis, please email Claire or visit our website where you will find for more information and details of how to apply for a grant.