Talk about what you do…
“You might be able to mothball a charity, but you can’t mothball the problems it’s there to address,“
…says Gemma Peters, CEO of Bloodwise, writing in yesterday’s Sunday Times
The #EveryDayCounts campaign has had a lot of coverage over the weekend including the front page of the Sunday Times, pieces in the Telegraph and on the broadcast news. The Government of Wales have just announced £24m “as an initial fund” to support the charity and voluntary sector there – that’s nearly £8 per head. If the UK Government matche0d that level, close to £500m in initial support would be available for England. That won’t be enough but it would be a start.
There has been considerable engagement with minsters and civil servants, and support from MPs, but to date no further support in England has been forthcoming. So please add your voice to the campaign.
This is how you can help:
1. Write to your MP
2. Share your stories
Share videos talking about your work, use local media, social media using the hashtag #EveryDayCounts and get your stories out there, in particular:
- what you are doing to support in response to COVID-19 crisis (through existing services and/or additional activity you have taken on)
- highlight any increases in your activities as a result of the crisis
- highlight any capacity or financial squeezes where you can
- tag @dianabarran and thank her for all she is doing to fight for charities
- tag @rishisunak and highlight the need for financial support
- tag local media outlets/journalists/mainstream media.