Cheers to the volunteers!!
Volunteers’ Week is an annual celebration of the contribution millions of people make across the UK through volunteering.
Although the coronavirus pandemic has stopped many of the celebrations that were planned, you can still get involved in your area. Visit the Volunteers Week website for more information and resources.
This year Volunteers’ Week we will be picking a theme each day to amplify our recognition for a range of different volunteer roles.
- Monday : Listening & support (e.g. helplines, citizens advice)
- Tuesday: Health & well-being (e.g. mental health, tackling social isolation)
- Wednesday: Fundraising to support service delivery (e.g. charity shops)
- Thursday: COVID-19 response and informal community civic action
- Friday: Nature & Outdoors
- Saturday: Arts & Culture
- Sunday: Sport & Leisure
Action Hampshire will also be joining in the #Cheerforvolunteers on Thursday and particularly call out all of those often unsung heroes who are helping out a neighbour or a friend amidst the crisis.
We would love to hear about any celebrations or tokens of gratitude YOU are planning this week. Share your photos on Facebook and we will give you a special shout out on our page.