Action Hampshire is Making Tax Digital (MTD) ready!
MTD has been being talked about for a while now and I have to admit, it seemed quite daunting at first. Luckily for us, HMRC and Sage provided some super useful resources, which guided us through, step by step. We have now:
Some resources & information that may be helpful…
- In case there is anyone who is VAT registered and has not yet registered for MTD with HMRC, don’t panic, it’s quick and easy to do, everything you need to know can be found on the HMRC website.
- If like us, you are using Sage 50cloud software, but have not enabled it for MTD submissions yet, there is a great, free webinar available.
- If you don’t have a spare 30 minutes to watch the webinar, this is what you need to do…
Instructions for Sage 50cloud accounts only:
- Sign in
- Go to: Settings – Company Preferences –VAT (Heading tab)
- Tick the box that says “enable MTD for VAT Submissions”
- Click Yes, then OK
Please note that once you have registered for MTD with HMRC and enabled MTD on your accounting software, you will no longer be able to submit VAT returns manually, there’s no going back!