Hampshire Interfaith Network
Action Hampshire has hosted the Hampshire Interfaith Network (HIN) since January 2014.
Hampshire Interfaith Network promotes religious harmony and understanding, for the benefit of the people of Hampshire by:
- Encouraging and promoting the knowledge, and respecting the beliefs and practices of religious faiths and denominations and further recognising and respecting common ground among the religious but also their unique characteristics
- Consulting and co-operating in social and racial issues and other matters of material concern
- Sustaining and strengthening community harmony
- Developing channels of communication reaching all age groups, especially young people
- Enhancing understanding of issues faced by different faith communities.
Membership is open to individuals or groups belonging to the nine faiths represented on the UK Interfaith Network Council – Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Baha’i, Jain and Zoroastrian.
The HIN organises meetings and promotes events.