Action Research and Engagement
Do you need to know what your local community, or communities of interest, think, want and need?
We specialise in bringing the voices of communities into your organisation
What can we do for you?
- Research projects
- Engagement projects
- Community profiles
- Evidencing need
- Project evaluations
- Or we can support you to build your own expertise.
How do we do it?
We use a range of techniques, from traditional focus groups and surveys to peer research and co-production. We tailor and adapt our approach depending on the desired outcome, but always try to ensure that it is interesting, engaging and beneficial for the participants.
Our team have extensive skills and experience in community engagement, questionnaire design, participatory techniques, data analysis, and both qualitative and quantitative research.
- We have worked in Hampshire for almost 70 years. Our extensive networks mean we can engage with people that others often struggle to reach eg. people with chronic illnesses/mental health conditions, people from BME backgrounds, young people.
- We enjoy solving tricky problems. Many clients come to us because they have a problem that they don’t know how to resolve.
- We are cost effective, with daily rates considerably lower than most commercial organisations. All profits are reinvested into the people and communities of Hampshire and Portsmouth.
- We hold ISO9001, all relevant insurances, and have achieved Level 2 of the NHS/DoH Information Governance standard.
Recent examples of our work
- Health in Mid Hampshire
(Mid Hampshire Better Local Care)
- Series of focus groups with ‘seldom heard’ communities about changes to fire services (Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service)
- Understanding the impact of fraud in the home on local older people
(Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation)
- Researching housing need in rural parishes
(Fowler Architecture & Planning, and variety of Parish Councils)
- Understanding Users’ Experiences of Continuing Healthcare
(West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group)
- Working with public health to understand barriers to health and wellbeing in Paulsgrove (Portsmouth City Council)
- Panel survey of health and social care users
(Hampshire County Council)
If you think we can support your work, please ring us for a discussion: