The Portsmouth Forum for Older People’s Group works with and for the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) in Portsmouth to improve outcomes for older people.
The Forum is a sub-group of Portsmouth Community Network, which works with all VCS organisations and groups in the city.
The Portsmouth Forum for Older People’s Groups is for groups that support older people (generally 60+) across Portsmouth. The group is participant-led, supported by Action Portsmouth and aims to:
- Provide opportunities for networking and sharing information
- Be an expert reference group
- Highlight gaps in provision and maximise resources
- Influence statutory organisations and other agencies
- Cascade information to small voluntary groups.