Supporting not-for-profit groups in Portsmouth
We support not-for-profit organisations in Portsmouth through our friendly team at Action Portsmouth.
Action Portsmouth strives to make Portsmouth a better place to live, work, study and play by providing support and advice to not-for-profit organisations and social enterprises in Portsmouth.
Many of the groups and organisations we work with support the most vulnerable people in Portsmouth.
What do we offer?
• Start up support – We can help you turn your idea in to reality by giving you advice about your options in terms of legal structure and governance. This means we can help you to decide how you will set up and what the rules are. We will explore the best organisational fit for you, whether it’s a Charity, Social Enterprise or a Community Interest Company.
• Income generation – We give advice and support to source funding for your organisation or group. You do not have to be a new group to get this help, you might want to scale up or take on more work, give us a call to find out about sources of funding.
• Organisational Health Checks – How fit is your organisation? Could you benefit from a free confidential consultation to help you take stock?We will conduct a review of your organisation and provide you with an action plan to address any identified areas for improvement, we can then support you to implement it.
• Networking – We organise regular opportunities to meet with other groups. We will also link you with other groups and individuals in the city for peer support. See our events page for details of forthcoming events!
• News updates – regular newsletter and news flashes on sector news, training, changes to legislation and policy updates
• Training and development – We have delivered a variety of training sessions to support the sector. This has included practical training in subjects like Leadership, Tools for Trustees, Running an AGM, Minute Taking and Data Protection/GDPR. We have also delivered best practise training including Safeguarding, Guided Conversations, Social Media, Measuring Impact and many more. Keep an eye on our events page for any scheduled training and please contact us with any specific training requirements.