Action Portsmouth Training
We asked voluntary and community groups what training they needed, and we have loads of requests!
Places go fast for our training offers so make sure you book up before you miss out.
(click the links below and book through Eventbrite)
Here’s what we offer…
Essential Tools for trustees
Bite Size programme over 6 weeks with 2 hour sessions covering:
- Leadership Skills
- Trustees & Board Members responsibilities
- Running a Meeting
- Taking Minutes
- Running an AGM
- Accounts and Book-Keeping
Respecting and listening to clients
- Safeguarding: Measures to take to protect both children and adults. For an introduction to the principles of safeguarding Community First regularly run safeguarding sessions.
- Confidentiality and data protection: Essential processes to make sure you securely manage data on your clients. This course will also cover the basic requirements of NHS Information Governance
- Cyber Security: safety on line whether managing people or money. A free Cybercrime Workshop aimed at helping smaller charities and voluntary organisations protect themselves against cybercrime attacks. This will be held on Thursday 16 March 2017 . Book your place
- Risk Assessments: Identifying and recording health and safety and other risks. Half Day.
- User involvement: There’s a wider range of examples of user participation, co-production, self-help groups, user representatives on boards, etc. Tell us what sort of event and topic you would like.
Developing your social business
- Business proposals: Clarifying your proposition – outline business planning. A workshop to share your ideas and receive constructive challenge. Half Day
- Social Enterprise: Introduction to trading for social benefit from the School for Social Entrepreneurs. Half Day
- Tendering Skills: Making sure your tender wins the business. Foster Brandt has considerable experience of sharpening tender writing skills. 2 Days: 28 March and 4 April. Book your place
- Collaborative working: scaling up by working together. Whether it’s sharing back office, joint staff teams, contributing respective skills or even full scale mergers. We’ll organise a workshop to meet your needs. Let us know what you’re grappling with.
- Measuring Impact: Techniques to capture data and demonstrate your effectiveness. Half Day.
- Supplying individual budget holders: Once you’ve taken the survey (see Personal Budgets survey below) and got your feedback, you may decide you need to develop some new skills. Tell us what you need and we’ll aim to develop a workshop to respond to the survey findings.
Getting your message across
Essential skills to communicate with users, partners and potential funders.
- Social Media: How to spread your messages using Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Leaflets and posters: Designing an eye catching and well written poster or leaflet. Bite size session (2 hours)
- Press and Media: Promoting your message through TV and newspapers – for free!