Santander Social Enterprise Development Awards
Financial awards are available to social enterprises and community interest companies looking to grow their business and improve their local communities. There are two categories:
- Growth Award – a prize of up to £10,000 to support UK registered charities and community groups looking to increase trading.
- Catalyst Award – a prize of £10,000 to social enterprises, CICs, limited companies with an asset lock and co-operatives that are looking to grow their business.
For both Awards, organisations should directly benefit the community in one or more of the following ways:
- improving social inclusion – eg working with rurally isolated areas to make services and goods more readily available, combating loneliness amongst older people, helping to integrate marginalised groups into the community, or working with deprived neighbourhoods to regenerate their community.
- supporting disadvantaged people through skills, training and employment – eg activity which provides people with formal or informal training, skills development, work experience and/or direct employment, or creating employment opportunities for people with learning difficulties.
- creating a greener environment – eg provision of green education to schools and colleges, neighbourhood recycling programmes, or carbon footprint reduction initiatives.
The deadline for applications is 10 April 2015. See the Awards website for more information and to apply.