Tech for Good grants from Comic Relief
Following a successful Tech for Good pilot grant programme last year Comic Relief, with Paul Hamlyn Foundation, is launching another UK Tech for Good funding programme. Grants of up to £46,500 are available to fund 10 digital projects, plus £3,500 to enable access to expert support.
The projects will last for four months (April – July 2017) and will address any of Comic Relief’s four programme areas: Empowering Women and Girls, Investing in Children and Young People, Building Stronger Communities, Improving Health and Wellbeing.
This programme aims to provide the opportunity for not-for-profit organisations who already have some technological capacity to take their digital innovation projects forward.
The aim is to fund projects that:
- are focused on specific user needs in their design, delivery and development
- make best use of web, mobile or internet based technologies
- can scale effectively and offer economies of scale
- disrupt and challenge existing ways of delivering services
The application process for stage one requires organisations to submit the following three things to explain their proposed project:
- a two minute video
- a one page infographic/visual presentation
- a 100 word summary
The deadline is 3.00pm on 3 November. More information is available here.