New awards for great governance – you could win £5,000
Entries are now open to for the inaugural Charity Governance Awards – the new UK awards that recognise and reward good charity governance. The Awards are a new not-for-profit initiative created to celebrate outstanding governance in charities both small and large.
Effective governance makes a difference. By shining a spotlight on the best of the sector, the Awards want to demonstrate how effective governance can transform a charity and even more of the lives of its beneficiaries.
There are six categories:
- Improving impact – charities with 3 paid staff or fewer (including charities with no paid staff)
- Improving impact – charities with 4–25 paid staff
- Improving impact – charities with 26 paid staff or more
- Board diversity & inclusivity
- Managing turnaround
- Embracing opportunity & harnessing risk
Each category offers a £5,000 cash prize. Enter online by 15 January 2016. For more information and to enter, go to the Charity Awards website