Grants up to £5k from Waste Prevention Community Fund
The new Waste Prevention Community Fund is now open for applications. The fund has been created to support locally-based groups, businesses, education establishments and organisations across Hampshire to deliver projects, products and services which prevent household waste.
Example projects could include;
- Sharing, hiring and rental services such as for baby products or home wares and equipment
- Educational activities on home management such as cooking, food preparation and storage, sewing and growing your own food
- Community engagement activities to increase awareness, knowledge and understanding of preventing waste, for example events, films and social clubs
- Digital projects that make preventing waste easier or more convenient, such as the development of an app or an online hub
- Repair and upcycling of furniture and other household items
- Redistribution of surplus household food for example via community fridges
- Introduction of local services that enable waste prevention and reuse, such as community composting and tool libraries
The maximum amount awarded to each project will be £5,000, there is no minimum amount. The closing date for applications is 31 January 2018. Successful applicants will be notified after 13 March 2018.
To find out more, or to apply, visit hants.gov. Alternatively you can contact the Hampshire County Council Waste Prevention Team for an informal discussion via email [email protected] or call 01962 845595.