Grants to help women and girls have freedom of choice and opportunities for success
Rosa is a charitable fund set up to support initiatives that benefit women and girls in the UK. Because, while many women and girls here do enjoy freedom of choice and the opportunity for success in their lives, that’s simply not true for all. Their vision is of equality and justice for all women and girls.
Grants of between £500 and £2,000 are available to support charitable advocacy work to help increase the voice of individual women at the frontline of grassroots work for gender equality in the UK. This is a new programme called Voices from the Frontline.
Rosa supports projects under four priority areas that underpin its work, namely:
- Leadership & Representation (more women should hold positions of leadership and decision-making in the UK)
- Safety (all women and girls have the right to live free from violence and the threat of violence)
- Health & Wellbeing (all women and girls should feel good about themselves – and be able to get the help and healthcare they need)
- Economic Justice
Rosa’s Voices from the Frontline Grants Programme is a new initiative designed to support women’s organisations to promote their fight for gender equality in the UK through charitable advocacy work. It believes we can make change happen faster, but to do that women’s organisations need more resources to advocate at local and national levels. They need the skills, confidence and connections to influence the change they want to see, and which everyone can benefit from.
The sort of work which might be supported includes:
- coaching or travel costs for a service user to speak at an event or national conference
- presentation, media or lobbying training to support organisational advocacy strategies
- costs of creating campaign materials, such as posters, infographics or videos
- articulating the story of one woman to champion an organisation’s work
- making a case to local commissioners for the value of the group’s service
- meeting costs with local/national government representatives or for planning a campaign
They are now accepting video applications for Voices from the Frontline, which have to be in by 11 January 2016. Full information is on their website