Join and network with the Trustees/Directors of Action Hampshire and Community First Wessex and other not-for-profit organisations for an informal evening to discuss the road ahead for the not-for-profit sector.
Top of the list of challenges facing many not-for-profit organisations is generating new and sufficient income to meet ever increasing demand for services. According to Charities Aid Foundation almost half of all charities are struggling to keep pace with increasing pressures. Sound familiar?
Creative solutions are needed but we all know it’s hard to be creative when the pressure is on and at a time when even more is expected of Directors and Trustees in managing change and reviewing the direction and strategy for your organisation.
So take the pressure off for an evening, with drinks and nibbles, to swap ideas, experiences and suggestions with your peers. We’ll be joined by John Tizard, a strategic advisor and commentator on public policy, governance and public services.
A former Vice-Chair of the National Association for Voluntary and Community Action (NAVCA), John is currently Honorary Advisor to NAVCA and works with organisations from the public, business, charity, wider not-for-profit sector, and trade union sectors as well as think tanks and academic institutions. John is also a Trustee of Tomorrow’s People, Villiers Park Educational Trust, Chair of Action Space; and Chair of B-side CIC.
Bring thoughts, ideas and open minds to discuss and explore what others are doing around:
- addressing financial sustainability: funding; partnerships, collaborations and possible mergers.
- recruitment and retention of Trustees –how do we attract more and from a wider pool of talent.
- challenges for small organisations including the fear of being swallowed up or lost in the drive toward economies of scale and larger scale commissioning.
- relationships with local authorities; changing from grants to commissioning and providing tighter expectations around funding.
- relationships with other key partners including health commissioners and providers; who is doing what and where; what’s working and what isn’t and where are the opportunities for not-for-profit organisations?
- demonstrating your impact and value of your work.
What – networking evening with Trustees/Directors of Hampshire not-for-profit sector organisations
When – Wednesday, 26 April, 5.30 – 7.30pm
Where – Action Hampshire, Westgate Chambers, Staple Gardens, Winchester
To book please go to our Eventbrite page