Safeguarding // Regional Practitioner Forums coming up in November and December
The Regional Practitioner Forums are a new initiative and replace the previous Multi-Agency Safeguarding Forums (MASFs). Front-line practitioners in all agencies working in the Hampshire Local Authority area are invited to attend.
Hampshire Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB) will be hosting three Regional Practitioner Forums during November to December 2017.
These sessions will provide an opportunity for front-line professionals to be briefed on initiatives and products from the Board, and provide an opportunity for practitioners to provide feedback on work in their area. The sessions will cover:
- Lessons from Serious Case Reviews and other reviews including a Learning Lessons style exercise
- The launch of the HSCB / IOWSCB Neglect Toolkit
- A briefing on the new Unidentified Adults Resource Pack
- HSCB training and eLearning via the Virtual College
- Update on recent policy changes
- Practitioner open forum and feedback
Dates and venues are as follows:
- 22 November 10.00 – 14.00 at the Sumner Room, Old Arelsford Place, Alresford SO24 9DH
- 6 December 09.00 – 13.00 at the Seminar Room, Tom Rudd Unit, Moorgreen Hospital, Botley Rd, West End, Southampton SO30 3JB
- 7 December 10.00 – 14.00 at Hart District Council, Council Offices, Harlington Way, Fleet, GU51 4AE
The workshops will be led by managers and staff from the Partnership Support Team and HSCB partner agencies. It is free to attend and open to front-line professionals working across all agencies/organisations who work with children and their families in Hampshire.
To book your place, please email [email protected] and confirm which forum you would like to book onto.
Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Delegates will receive a calendar invite if they are successful in securing a place. If this is not received, please assume you have not secured a place.