Children and Young People // Results of Overnight Residential Respite consultation
Hampshire County Council have released the outcome of their consultation on the proposal to close two of Hampshire’s three residential respite homes – and decided to close Merrydale (Winchester) and Sunbeams (Andover).
Minutes from the meeting, including accompanying the reports are available here via HantsWeb (Item 40).
The report details plans for a new offer to become available to families eligible for overnight respite, comprising of:
- Firvale – existing nine-bed residential overnight respite provision in Basingstoke
- Revised Overnight Respite Framework Agreement This existing agreement will be refreshed to provide families with access to three contracted providers. Further external providers are going through application process.
- Specialist Respite Care Family Link will be refreshed to provide registered foster carers, linked to a family to provide overnight respite for children
- Whole Family Overnight Breaks opportunity for the whole family to go away together at a locations which are fully equipped to support those with learning difficulties and disabilities. This new service will be provided by external providers.
- Care Support This existing service, provided by external providers will be refreshed. It provides a carer in the family home for shorter periods during the day or overnight.
- Enhanced activities This new service from council and external providers offer a range of on and off-site activities.
Want to discuss this with voluntary sector colleagues? Action Hampshire runs an online discussion forum, Basecamp, and has a specialist forum for organisation working with Children and Young People. Click here for more info