April 2018: rural focus


Hampshire Constabulary has a dedicated team serving our rural communities, giving crime prevention advice to people who live and work in Hampshire’s countryside and investigating rural crime.

See what the Country Watch team do here and also take a look at their advice on how to guard against rural crime.

Inspector Korine Bishop, who manages the Country Watch team, urges you to report all suspicious activity and actual incidents of rural crime. Even if the police can’t take action at the time, all reports help them spot crime patterns and trends. Report crimes and suspicions by calling 101 (in an emergency, dial 999) or by using the Self Evident mobile phone app.

Rural life survey

The Prince’s Countryside Fund is researching people’s experience of living in remote rural areas. Please complete their questionnaire if you live or work in an area that is far from any larger towns, or that feels remote due to poor connections (transport, internet and so on). The survey is open until Wednesday 18 April.