We support not for profit organisations in Hampshire & Portsmouth to deliver great services to local people and communities, and speak up for the changes they would like to see.
How do we do it? … the short answer
Action Hampshire strengthens not-for-profit organisations by supporting, developing and connecting them. Our specialisms include: community led planning and solutions; research and engagement; health and social care; rural issues such as rural affordable housing; community buildings; social enterprise and trading; children and young people’s issues; equalities; corporate social responsibility.
How do we do it? … the long version…
- We produce newsletters on a wide range of subjects such as “Health and Social Care” or “Children and Young People”. Some are available to all, and others are restricted to members.
- Jobs and Volunteering bulletin. We produce a fortnightly round-up of paid jobs and volunteering opportunities.
- Support for community buildings – information and advice for people who run community buildings such as village halls, community centres, social clubs, church halls
- We provide a range of specialist services for not for profit organisations in Portsmouth
- We deliver social enterprise support and training to adults and young people, from bespoke half day sessions to a year-long training programme.
- Research and engagement. We carry out a wide range of commissioned research and engagement projects, from project evaluations to facilitating community consultations.
- We provide members with free access to our funding portal Action Hampshire 4 Community , probably the most comprehensive funding software on the market.
- Help with your funding bid. We can help you to find funding opportunities and assist you to write great applications.
- We endeavour to support and inspire communities to deliver their own solutions to the challenges they face. We believe the community-led enterprise model is one such solution.
- Our rural housing enablers work with rural communities to build small affordable housing developments, so that local people are not priced out of their home villages.
- Housing need surveys. We carry out Housing Need Surveys in local communities, to understand what housing the community need and want.
- Helping businesses achieve their social responsibility objectives, delivering benefits for all
- Events listing. We have an event listings section on our website, where not for profit groups and communities can advertise their forthcoming events without charge.
- Healthwatch. We are one of the three delivery partners for Healthwatch Hampshire, the independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the public’s views of local health and social care services
- Fratton Big Local – Fratton Big Local is a grouping of local residents that has been given £1 million by the Big Lottery Fund to spend over the next 10 years to make a real lasting difference to the area.
- SoundingBoard is a ‘virtual panel’ that we set up (on behalf of Hampshire County Council) to hear the views of health and social care service users.
- Grant schemes – from time to time, we receive a pot of money to run a grant scheme. Unfortunately at present we don’t have a funding pot, but keep an eye on our website